Kirstin's World

Sunday, May 07, 2006

A New Post, Finally...

What an exciting week or so since I last posted. Work is going great! I got a raise on my second day, which is crazy because I'm now making more as a summer student (doing brainless summer student things) than I did as a psychology coop student! It's crazy. I love the people at the Excel Society! It's great to be back there! The only problems at work is this guy, we'll call him SG (stapler guy - from Office Space). SG and I have a previous history of boundary issues. Now I'm back, and in even closer proximity than ever. I'm on the same floor as him and occasionally I share the same office. I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it but I underestimated my uber-bitch capabilities. Usually I'm the farthest thing ever from an uber-bitch. Some of my colleagues even doubted my abilities to be one. I have been an uber-bitch and it's been working well and it's super satisfying! I think I've got SG a little bit confused because I used to be so nice, but I realized that the policy of being super nice didn't work, so I've resorted to this. It's nice, and I've even got an official stamp of approval on my uber-bitch policy! It's great and it's fun being an uber-bitch!

On another subject, I've seen some super-fabulous movies lately. On Tuesday night we rented "Howl's Moving Castle" (Link is on the sidebar). It was excellent. Corrie (my sister) and Tessa both recommended it to me and Ben was up to seeing it (it's not a Ben-ish movie). It was awesome. There were a few kitchy moments, but it fit with the movie, and I absolutely adored the world that the creators invented. It was so imaginative, so perfect! I recommend it to EVERYONE! I'm going to read the graphic novel once I can get my hands on it! Loved it!

Last night, Ben and I saw "Lucky Number Slevin." It was awesome as well. Ramzi and Damien (who I volunteer with at the Canadian Blood Services) both saw it and enjoyed it. Had they not recommended it, we probably would never have seen it. It was sneaky, stylish, cerebral (but not too much), and a great story. I highly recommend it. Tonnes of famous people are in it as well - Bruce Willis, Lucy Liu, Josh Hartnett, Ben Kingsley (who I love!), and Morgan Freeman (who is excellent, as usual, in this movie). It was an excellent movie, and I didn't regret for one second paying regular-theatre prices to go and see it!

Life is fabulous now! I'm done school, I'm working, I'm seeing Ben (which is a miracle!), and I'm actually looking forward to watching tonight's Oiler's game!

On another note, I've been reading "V for Vendetta." It's an amazing book. I would recommend seeing the movie, then reading the book, or you might get mad at the movie. The movie was excellent but I don't think I would have liked it as much if I would have read the book first. The book is awesome, but it's weird reading a graphic novel - I have to keep remembering to stop and look at the pictures! It's weird, having pictures right in the book!

Anyway, 'till the next exiting episode in my life! *Are you happy Tessa? - I finally updated it!* :)~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home