Kirstin's World

Sunday, April 23, 2006

I've got my life back...and a pen...

Exams are done and I feel like I've finally got my life back. Despite the fact that I have to write a 20pg paper in a week when my brain has already been fried, I'm feeling pretty good.

Exams were hell as per usual. I had 3 last week but at least I got a lot of time to study between the end of school and the start of them. That was a relief. Exam weeks are not exciting for me. I'm usually up by 5:45 am, at SUB on campus by 7:30 am and studying on campus till 10-12 at night. It's super exciting and super fun.

My Intro to Greek history went ok I think. It was a fairly vague test which kinda bugs me because I'm not entirely sure what the prof thinks is an acceptable answer. Intro to Roman History went a bit better I think, though I was so stressed out before it. I needed to formulate an essay, I thought my test started at 1 not 2, and my mechanical pencil blew up at 12:33. It was not fun. I think I did alright though.

We went to the Archenemy concert at the Starlite room on Sunday. It was an awesome concert. It's really cool to see a female lead singer of a death metal band. She's awesome - her vocal range is ridiculous!

My psych test was awesome! It was 60 multiple choice, which usually is a great thing, but Dr. Wardell's multiple choice are really hard. I'm used to them because this is my 5th class with him. I knew how to study, though it took me longer than I had planned because I was brain dead, and I know how to write his tests. I was done in 45 minutes and I'm feeling pretty confident about it. That was my last psych class I'll be taking and my last class with Dr. Wardell. That's sad.

After my last test I walked Tessa to work at the used book store and I didn't buy a book. That's a miracle! Then Ben, Yannick, and I went over to the Jens' house to watch hockey and drink. It was super fun! Ben and I brought 2 very tasty bottles of wine, they had pizza, I had sushi, we watched hockey, goofed around, and then they played Trivial Pursuit. I was super tired, so I was antisocial and snoozed on the couch. I didn't feel too bad, though...it was past midnight, and I had just finished my exams.

Yesterday, Ben and I slept in! What a novel idea! I haven't spent time with him in so long! We had to go over to the Jens' house in the morning because Brown Jen (the Jen with Brown hair, Blonde Jen has blonde hair) was moving out. She's done her Ed degree now so she's moving back to Calgary. We went over and helped her take her bed apart, etc... It's weird knowing that she's a 'real person' now!

Then, Ben said he was buying me a 'school's out present'! I was super excited. He wouldn't give me any hints, but I knew what he was buying me when we pulled up at the store. We went to Colours Artist Supplies (the link's on the side) and Ben bought me a fountain pen! It's awesome and looks like this:


I'm super excited. I've always wanted one, but not one that is too flashy and obvious. This is just a really nice, simple, sleek pen! Yeah! I feel like a real academic now!

Afterwards, Ben and I went to A&B Sound, he bought an armband for his Ipod for when he runs. It barely fits on his arms, but it should work. Then we went to Mum's house, went out for supper at a tasty Vietnamese restaurant, had tea at Steeps, and watched "A History of Violence." That was an excellent movie, in my opinion!

Whew...that's been my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home