Kirstin's World

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Killswitch Engage Concert...

The concert was yesterday...my first solo concert! It wasn't as bad/boring (?) as I thought it would be to go to a concert by myself. I would definitely do it again...and probably will have to! The concert itself was amazing - the opening bands were awesome as well - 2 cents and Bury Your Dead. I'm going to find some of their music....good stuff. Killswitch Engage were awesome - they are a fabulous show to watch. They have so much fun on stage - its nice to see. Some bands can be quite snooty about it, but they just look like they have so much fun. One of the guitarists wore this crazy tank top-bad shorts-white headband-cape ensemble and he was super funny to watch. Within the first couple of songs they even had the guitar tuner/dude with a cowbell on stage. Cliche but super funny!

There were tonnes of people there - 'the Edmonton Events Centre' (Reds) - and the concert didn't start on time - but they never do. I got there before 6, ate, then went to the outside entrance to wait in line. I already had a ticket and so we were supposed to go inside and wait at the upstairs entrance by the arcade. I should have stayed in line outside - it was much faster - but I got a good seat anyway, and I didn't freeze my ass off.

During the show I sat/stood by these people and were 'adopted' into their group for the night. They thought it was cool/brave that I went by myself... ... I talked with this guy named Joel...he wanted to get too close, but after he figured out that it wasn't happening, we talked and became friends. Its nice when guys get the "I'm not single" (blatant) hints. He's 22, in the army (infantry for 3 years) and a very interesting guy. After deciding he wasn't sketchy, I accepted his offer to drive me home - he felt bad that I had to take the bus home in the shitty weather. That was super nice! Joel and a couple of his army-friends are going out on Friday on Whyte and I think I'll go chat and hang out. Fun times!

TTFN!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home