Kirstin's World

Friday, October 20, 2006

Crazyness

Whew, time goes fast. I've finally got a free moment to update my blog, so here's what's new:

Ben's doing well in BOTC: he's surviving!! He just finished and passed a week long field exercise/test thingy! This upcoming week will be all admin and then they apparently start the actual Basic Officer Training Course the week after that. He got his dog-tags a couple weeks ago, which is morbid. They're used to tag bodies so the commander can keep track of the casualties. His new nickname is "Officer Cadet Sledgehammer" because he's as subtle as one!

My life: school, school, school....ben....school...etc. My life looks fairly boring but it's not been this last week. Last Sunday I wrote an email to CBC Sunday Morning and I recieved an email on Tuesday asking me if I want to film a segment of my email to put on the show! I said yes, of course. The funny thing about it is that I was writing the email, watching the show, talking to Mum, eating breakfast and drinking tea all at the same time, so I didn't think my email was too polished. I filmed it on Thursday morning in Churchil square! It was a neat experience, and it was really weird having to look into the camera lense - I tend to watch everything when I talk! So, hopefully I'll be on this weekend's show - either the CBC Sunday morning, or the evening 1 hour version! Cool!

On Wednesday I handed in my take-home midterm and presented my presentation on the Carthaginian Charioteer statue (all on the same day)! Whew. It was a stressful week leading up to it, but it went ok. I pulled lots of late nights (for me) - 1 o'clock in the morning! I found the midterm not too bad - it just took alot of time to think about how to answer the questions. The presentation caused me alot of stress but it went really well. It was thourough, well thought out, and I think I presented it ok! YEAH! Because of the stress of the past week, I didn't do great on the Latin quiz I just had today, but 1 won't count - and I think this will be the one for me! After school today I met Tessa at Nokomis (an awesome, local store on Whyte Ave) and I bought 4 really nice t-shirts (they had a buy-one-get-1/2-off sale!!!). That was the first time I had ever bought stuff there - now that I've started, hopefully it won't be big trouble!! Tonight, I've rented 5 episodes of HBO's Rome and I bought a bottle of wine - no homework in sight (althought I did start to apply to grad schools!)!!

On the weird side, you've got to check this out. I don't know what it's from, but the song will get stuck in your head!

Well, that's all for now, though I am going to post a cute Latin poem right after this!!

3 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hubba Hubba Moley Moley

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I inclination not concur on it. I regard as precise post. Specially the appellation attracted me to study the unscathed story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home